Monday, August 18, 2008

Love unconditionally



Today started with me saying something to the TV while ABC Good Morning America ran a spot on a city police office that detained a speeder in San Marcos, Texas who was driving at 100mph to get his family pet to an emergency vet clinic in New Braunfels, Texas. The officer told the driver it was just a dog and he needed to get over it.

Well it is just a dog.

And today I found out what it meant to see a dog go away to where we can not play together. We took our Kaydee to the vet this morning to allow her to die. Yeah, it is just a dog - NOT!

If you ever wondered why dog is man's best friend? Spell it backwards and what do you get...God! Dogs are like our Heavenly Father in that they love us unconditionally - like God! They lick us when we are down to show us they still care - like God! They bark in happiness when we come home - like the father in Jesus' parable of the prodigal son - love unconditionally - like God.

God blessed me for over seven years to have Kaydee as my pet. God loves me so much to give me a friend who never questions my intent. God loves me so much that he gave me a reason to live - his son, Jesus Christ.

I told Kaydee today to go to God and play with all the dogs. I will see her one day! I know it!

I miss you Lil Red Dog - Kaydee!

No comments: